Accidents happen and although it is heartbreaking to see your collectible break, rest assured that it has happened to many others before you. You will need to contact us to determine the damage and if the piece is within our capabilities to fix. There is a $25 deposit, plus $9.99 shipping cost. Our repair service rate is $25.00/half-hour and you will be notified if any estimate may exceed 3 hours. All repairs will be C.O.D. or charged to your credit card. All repaired pieces will be marked “repaired” on the bottom.
When considering our repair service, please consider the following:
- We can only fix pieces that have all their parts: If the piece has a clean break and you have all pieces, it’s significantly possible to fix. If the piece has shattered and all pieces have been found it’s possible, but unlikely that we’ll be able to “put Humpty together again.” If there are missing pieces, we will not be able to fix the piece.
- We can only repair breaks, not repairs: If your piece has been broken, do not make an attempt to repair it. Because we use wet plaster to adhere pieces, we are unable to fix the break if there is any adhesive present.
- Timing: Our repair department can make any broken piece look brand new but it can take time. The best time to send repairs is February, but even then be aware that it could take several months from before the piece is repaired and returned.
Broken pieces will need to be shipping to:
Vaillancourt Folk Art
9 Main Street
Sutton, MA 01590
- All broken pieces and chips within a plastic bag.
- A letter that describes the breaks and what needs to be repaired—even if you feel the break is obvious.
- Your contact information
It will typically take 7-10 business days to receive the piece and contact you with an estimate.
We will be happy to replace or exchange any item, excluding sales or specials, purchased from Vaillancourt Folk Art directly within 30-days of original purchase with a valid receipt. Refunds and replacements do not include cost of shipping and handling, unless item fails to not meet the Vaillancourt Folk Art acceptable quality control standards which are determined upon inspection by the Vaillancourt Folk Art staff. All gift options are not included in refunds.
If an item is damaged during shipping, you will be required to save the original shipping carton and packaging so that UPS or USPS can file a claim and document the damage.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of Vaillancourt products purchased through dealers, ebay, or third party sites.
Please contact Valerie personally to further discuss repairs or returns.