As our 18th annual Collector’s Weekend is now in the past, we are thrilled with the amazing turnout from collectors (both serious and first timers) that arrived from around the country. Below you’ll find photos from all three days, we thank you for making this year’s event special for all of us here at Vaillancourt Folk Art! We hope that you join us for our 19th annual—as we celebrate our 30th year in business—in April 2014!
Whether a serious collector, casual shopper, or simply a Christmas enthusiast, join us for this year’s Collector’s Weekend here in Sutton. Learn to paint your own Vaillancourt Chalkware Santa under the guidance of our artists, attend the holiday Lecture series with professionals within the industry, be entertained with the Friday evening opening where we introduce premier numbers of exclusive pieces, and enjoy the highly anticipated Collector’s Dinner— this year, at the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester, conveniently where a block of rooms are reserved!
Attention Painting Workshop Attendees: Registration will begin promptly at 9:30am and will include a visual presentation in Blaxton Hall. Following the presentation, painters will be given their materials for the painting workshop.
Friday, April 26, 2013
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop #1 – (SOLD OUT — Registration begins with presentation at 9:30am and includes lunch)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Friday Evening at Vaillancourts — The Friday evening festivities are the perfect way to start the Weekend. Whether you are unwinding after the Friday Painting Workshop or first arriving to the studios, join us for food, drink, meeting fellow collectors, and the introduction of new chalkware pieces makes the evening a great way to start! In addition, be graced with the ’50s sounds of Niki Luparelli and Dan Burke from 6:00 – 7:30.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop #2 – (SOLD OUT — Registration begins with presentation at 9:30am and includes lunch)
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Lecture Series 1: Bethany Lowe, Bethany Lowe Designs — “Everything Old is New Again: Vintage inspirations reinvented and recreated“
11:00am – 12:00pm: Lecture Series 2: Alice Watkinson, Colonial Williamsburg — Christmas Traditions of Williamsburg
- 2:00pm: Lecture Series 3: Hands On Decoration Workshop — A glimpse into what goes into decorating the retail store. Judged prizes will be awarded during the Annual Dinner.
- SOLD OUT — 7:30pm: Annual Dinner at Ceres Bistro in Worcester (same location as the Beechwood Hotel) (Reservations Required — Reception starts at 6:30) — What some call the highlight of the weekend, the annual dinner has become a popular event for collectors both serious or casual and young or old. Dine with those who share a passion for Christmas and Vaillancourt Chalkware and have the opportunity to be chosen to design your own Santa for the following year’s Collector’s Weekend!
Sunday, April 28, 2013
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Collector’s Breakfast Buffet for participants of Painting Workshop – (Reservations Required)
- 10:00am – 4:00pm:Painting Workshop #3 – (SOLD OUT —Registration begins with presentation at 9:30am and includes lunch)
- Beechwood Hotel – (800) 344-2589
The Beechwood Hotel in Worcester is the only four-diamond hotel in Central Massachusetts. It is known for its luxury accommodations and location—the Beechwood Hotel is connected to Ceres Bistro, where the Annual Collector’s Dinner will be held. A block of rooms are available under the Vaillancourt Folk Art rate. The Beechwood Hotel is 20-minutes (17 miles) from Vaillancourt Folk Art.