Whether a serious collector, casual shopper, or simply a Christmas enthusiast, join us for this year’s Collector’s Weekend here in Sutton. Learn to paint your own Vaillancourt Chalkware Santa under the guidance of our artists, attend the holiday Lecture series with professionals within the industry, be entertained with the Friday evening opening where we introduce premier numbers of exclusive pieces, and enjoy the highly anticipated Collector’s Dinner!
Friday, April 25, 2014
- 9:30am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop 1: (SOLD OUT)Orientation begins promptly at 9:30am. Workshop includes lunch.
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Friday Evening at Vaillancourts — 3 time Entertainer of the Year Dale LePage will be joining us to start the Collector’s Weekend off on the right note!
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- 9:30am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop 2: (SOLD OUT)Orientation begins promptly at 9:30am. Workshop includes lunch.
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Lecture Series 1: Scott Erb & Donna Dufault (Erb Photography): Photographing Christmas
- 11:00am – 12:00am: Lecture Series 2: Jeannie Hebert: Chocolate from Moulds
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Lecture Series 3: Tess Rosch (Publisher, Early American Life)
- 7:30pm: Annual Reception and Dinner! (Reservations Required — Reception starts at 6:30) — What some call the highlight of the weekend, the annual dinner has become a popular event for collectors both serious or casual and young or old. Dine with those who share a passion for Christmas and Vaillancourt Chalkware and have the opportunity to be chosen to design your own Santa for the following year’s Collector’s Weekend! For 2014, we will be celebrating the weekend at Old Stubridge Village’s Bullard Tavern. Enjoy the historical setting of this spectacular venue.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Collector’s Breakfast Buffet for participants of Painting Workshop - (Reservations Required)
- 9:30am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop 3: Orientation begins promptly at 9:30am. Workshop includes lunch.
Enjoy staying at historic Old Sturbridge Village’s newly refurbished Inn! Each of the rooms at the Old Sturbridge Inn is unique, offering charm and comfort, as well as 21st-century amenities. The Inn is offering a discounted rate of $99 (use group code: COLLEC) and is a convenient walk from our Annual Dinner, which will be at Bullard Tavern.
- Directions (23miles, 38minutes)