The 17th annual Collector’s Weekend brought collectors from all over the country to participate in one of three Painting Workshops, enjoy the Saturday lecture series featuring Judi and Gary Vaillancourt, Dad’s Follies, and Bob Byers, Jr, from Byers Choice, or even enjoy the annual Dinner held at Old Sturbridge Village with keynote speaker William Wallace, Director of the Worcester Historical Museum. We thank all of those who came and have continued to make Vaillancourt a tradition in your family. We look forward to seeing you in 2013!
Friday Painting Workshop
Friday Night Opening: “Happy Birthday, Dickens”
Saturday Painting Workshop
Saturday Lecture Series
Annual Reception & Dinner: The Bullard Tavern at Old Sturbridge Village
Sunday Painting Workshop
Friday, April 27, 2012
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop #1 – (Sold Out) (sign-in with coffee and pastries at 9:30am)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Friday Evening at Vaillancourts — The Friday evening festivities are the perfect way to start the Weekend. Whether you are unwinding after the Friday Painting Workshop or first arriving to the studios, join us for food, drink, meeting fellow collectors, and the introduction of new chalkware pieces makes the evening a great way to start!
Saturday, April 28, 2012
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop #2 – (Sold Out) (sign-in with coffee and pastries at 9:30am)
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Lecture Series 1: Butch Hanes — The World of Antique Chocolate Moulds.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Lecture Series 2: Judi Vaillancourt & Cherie Baughman — Special Chalkware from Special Moulds.
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Lecture Series 3: Bob Byers, Jr. — The President of Byers’ Choice, an American family business, will join us to talk about the importance of American-made, Family-owned, businesses, like Byers’ Choice and how they have become who they are. In addition, Mr. Byers will be introducing the first ever Byers’ Choice Caroler that combines both the creativity of Joyce Byers and Judi Vaillancourt.
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm: Lecture Series 4: Gary Vaillancourt — Understanding the new chalkware line, custom work, and how wholesale works!
- 7:30pm: Annual Dinner (Reception starts at 6:30) — What some call the highlight of the weekend, the annual dinner has become a popular event for collectors both serious or casual, young or old. Dine with those who share a passion for Christmas and Vaillancourt Chalkware and have the opportunity to be chosen to design your own Santa for the following year’s Collector’s Weekend! Join us at Old Sturbridge Village’s historic Bullard Tavern with Bill Wallace, of the Worcester Historical Museum, giving the keynote, “A Merry Worcester Christmas.”
Sunday, April 29, 2012
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Collector’s Breakfast Buffet for participants of Painting Workshop
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Painting Workshop #3 – (sign-in at 9:30am)